Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our youth are headed down the wrong path....!

I could not agree more with the reply post by our government and politics 
about childhood obesity. I think it’s a major problem facing America’s youth. Personally, when I was a youth during the summer, you could always find me outside. One of my best friends lived down the street, and every summer we were always outside playing baseball, or jumping on the trampoline. We even played army games outside, shooting each other with fake machine guns-those were the best times. My grandma had to come outside to yell to come eat lunch; otherwise we would have played outside all day, without a care in the world.
            Today, kids are too lazy to go outside and play. Most would spend their times playing rock band or checking their friends status updates on facebook. Our youth would rather spend time at the mall or watching the latest music videos on MTV then go outside and sweat. Personally, I think more needs to be done to stop child obesity. Parents need to enroll their kids in youth summer camps, and encourage them to get out and make new friends and new experiences. Many of our youth are lazy, and would rather stuff their face and spend their time doing nothing but watching T.V. and texting other friends.
            As a youth I was always outside, I was also a chubby kid growing up. After high school I incorporated working out into my daily life, and I soon dropped weight like crazy. Today I enjoy working out, if I was not in school I would probably be working in the personal trainer field. I enjoy working out, and helping others work toward their goals. If our youth had somebody to push them to work out and motivate them, it would make a tremendous improvement. Eating right plays a big part in losing weight, but without any motivation, there is no point. I hope that our government incorporates some kind of program to incorporate working out and eating right to our youth, otherwise our youth are in for a troubling future.

Either way, hopefully our youth realize for themselves like i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment