Sunday, May 1, 2011

Where did all the $$$$$$ go??

One of the biggest problems plaguing the US government is the debt crisis. It’s clear that money is very scarce in these troubling times. Many jobs are not hiring, adding to the sky high unemployment rate. Personally I work two part-time jobs, and at times it seems like hours are being cut. Many businesses have a freeze on hiring new employees, so current workers are forced to work harder to increase production-with added help the heavy work load would balance out.
Its sickening watching people go through hard times, like the Japan tsunami, or the devastating tornadoes that caused so much damage. These people are struggling, then you have some of Americas wealthiest blowing money on million dollar cars, and billion dollar stadiums, or rappers spending thousands of dollars just to make it rain on strippers. I know it’s not their duty to help others, although if you have no money problem, then donate to a REAL cause. I’ll be the first to admit if I ever get rich, I will CHANGE, but I also would want to help others in need if I could afford it.  My father always told me, “never forget where you came from”, and its true money changes you, but I would never turn my back on family and friends.
I know America was left in a hole after George Bush’s presidency, but in my opinion, our current president seems to be following his footsteps. It is time to pull the troops out of Iraq; we are still spending money on the war, not to mention soldiers are still being killed. If Iraq doesn’t have their things in order by now, well then they never will. Don’t even get me started on how broke many school districts are. I thought “children are the future”??? I don’t know how, when the districts can’t afford new books, supplies or even after school programming. These poor kids are going to have it rough if they ever make it out. I hope that the president can dig us out of this hole soon before things get worse.

1 comment:

  1. http://ohwaitthatsamerica.blogspot.com/2011/05/response-to-collegues-work-2.html

    Cannot post whole post here, it is too long.

    ReplyDelete